Saturday, April 24, 2010

Punk Rock and Bloody Rides

Thank you to all those who came out to the show on Thursday at the Four Fields to support Lisa and her mission trip to Israel.   I feel I should explain why I had a scowl on my face and contusions and scraps up and down my legs. 

Yes, to be honest I almost went Pete Townshend on my amp.  The little piece of crap shorted out on me four times in the middle of the set.  DO NOT BUY LINE 6 AMPS.  It did serve a good purpose teaching me how to use different amp voicing while practicing, however if you are going to play out get a tube amp.  Also, I broke a string and my guitar wasn't quite sounding in tune after that.  Arg, yes I felt punk rock, yes I was channeling the Sex Pistols to rage with my music.

So, onto the bruises.  Mountain bikers like to be close with nature, but not as close as I got last weekend.  We'll say I became very intimate with a rock, some trees, and my handlebars.  Check out some pictures right before a jump at my last race (notice the blood dripping down my leg - awesome):



No comments:

Post a Comment